The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) has awarded a $9,366,292.09 contract to Community Asphalt Co. including $2,914,245.00 from the City of Hollywood Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) for improvements along A1A from Sheridan Street to Monroe Street in Hollywood. Construction will begin October 9, 2017 and will be completed by Spring 2019.
- Removing old asphalt and resurfacing the roadway
- Widening sidewalks and upgrading ramps to meet ADA requirements
- Replacing drainage structures and installing flap gates
- Removing, narrowing, and /or upgrading medians and curb and gutter
- Adding 4-foot bike lanes from Monroe Street to Arizona Street
- Adding sharrows (share the road pavement markings) from Arizona Street to Sheridan Street
- Upgrading and installing new pedestrian signals
- Minor signalization and street light improvements
- At least one lane of traffic in each direction of A1A will be maintained at all times.
- Traffic will be shifted to either side of the road as needed.
- A sidewalk will be maintained on at least one side of the road within the project limits. Signage will be in place to guide pedestrians through the work zone.
- Lane closure information and construction work hours will be provided in the weekly traffic report distributed by FDOT. For more information, contact Rebecca Guerrero using the information provided below.
For Additional Project Information and Updates:
Contact Mrs. Rebecca Guerrero, Community Outreach Specialist
Phone: (954) 940-7605 | Email: email@example.com
Or Mrs. Heidy Perigny, FDOT Construction Project Manager
Phone: (954) 958-7653
or visit Hollywood CRA