City of Hollywood
2020 Hurricane Season
Broward County General Population and Pet-Friendly Shelters
- Arthur Ashe/Rock Island 1701 NW 23 Avenue, Fort Lauderdale 33311
- Lyons Creek Middle School 4333 Sol Press Blvd., Coconut Creek 33073 *
- Coral Glades High School 2700 Sportsplex Dr., Coral Springs 33065
- Everglades High School 17100 SW 48 Ct., Miramar, FL 33027 *
- New Renaissance Middle School 10701 Miramar Blvd., Miramar 33025
- Falcon Cove Middle School 4251 Bonaventure Blvd., Weston 33332 *
- Monarch High School 5050 Wiles Rd., Coconut Creek 33073
- West Broward High School 500 NW 209 Ave., Pembroke Pines, FL 33029
- Pines Middle School 200 NW Douglas Rd., Pembroke Pines 33024
- Orange Brook Elementary School 715 S 46 Ave., Hollywood 33021
- Panther Run Elementary School 801 NW 172 Ave., Pembroke Pines 33029
- Parkside Elementary School 10257 NW 29 St., Coral Springs 33065
- Park Trails Elementary School 10700 Trails End Rd., Parkland 33076
- Silver Lakes Elementary School 2300 SW 173 Ave., Miramar 33027
- Plantation Elementary School 651 NW 42nd Ave., Plantation 33317
- Liberty Elementary School 2450 Banks Rd., Margate 33063
- Beachside Montessori School 2230 Lincoln St., Hollywood 33020
- Dolphin Bay Elementary School 16450 Miramar Pkwy., Miramar 33027
- Tradewinds Park 5400 Johnson Rd., Coconut Creek 33073
- Park Lakes Elementary School 3925 N State Rd. 7, Lauderdale Lakes 33319
- Gator Run Elementary School 1101 Glades Pkwy., Weston 33327
- Coconut Palm Elementary School 13601 Monarch Lakes Blvd., Miramar 33027
- Coral Cove Elementary School 5100 SW 148 Ave., Miramar 33027
- Everglades Elementary School 2900 Bonaventure Blvd., Weston 33331
- Silver Shores Elementary School 1701 SW 160 Ave., Miramar 33027
- Sunset Lakes Elementary School 18400 SW 25 St., Miramar 33029
- Manatee Bay Elementary School 19200 Manatee Isles Dr., Weston 33332
- Lakeside Elementary School 900 NW 136 Ave., Pembroke Pines 33026
- Pompano Beach High School 600 NE 13 Ave., Pompano Beach 33060
- Fox Trail Elementary School 1250 Nob Hill Rd., Davie 33324
- Silver Palms Elementary School 1209 NW 155 Ave., Pembroke Pines 33028
- Watkins Elementary School 3520 SW 52 Ave., Pembroke Park 33023
- Hallandale Elementary School, 1000 SW 8 St., Hallandale 33009
- Pet-Friendly Shelter
IMPORTANT NOTE: Not all shelters may be opened during a hurricane.
Broward County will announce which shelters will be opened.
Important Telephone Numbers
Emergency – 911
Hollywood General Information Hotline – 954.967.4362
Hollywood Police Dept. non-emergency – 954.764.4357
Broward County American Red Cross – 954.797.3800
Broward County Emergency Manage-ment Hurricane Hotline – 954.831.4000 or 311
Broward County Special Needs – 954.831.3902
Registry – TTY 954.831.3940
Humane Society of Broward County – 954.989.3977
FEMA Hotline – 800.621.3362
State Attorney General’s Price Gouging Hotline – 866.966.7226
Florida Dept. of Financial Services Consumer Hotline – 800.342.2762
AT&T Repairs – 877.737.2478
Florida Power and Light – 800.468.8243
June 1 marks the beginning of hurricane season. Due to COVID-19 impacts on supplies, it is strongly recommended that you prepare your home and family early for what is expected to be an above average season. The following are a few guidelines to help you through the preparation process.
BEFORE THE STORM
Develop a hurricane plan
• Meet with your family to discuss the dangers of hurricanes and what everyone needs to do to stay safe.
• Determine if you live in an evacuation zone. If you do, decide where you and your family will go if you need to evacuate.
• Protect your assets.
• Determine whether your home has vulnerable areas – check roofs, doors, and windows. Make necessary repairs.
• Plan to protect your vehicles. Decide where you will park or store your cars, boats and RVs.
• Detail the actions you will take to secure your home.
• Make arrangements for those who have special needs.
• Plan for your pets.
• Gather your supplies. (See the hurricane kit check list on the next page)
• Inform family and friends about your hurricane plan so they can check on you after the storm. Determine an out-of-town contact.