A1A Improvements Project from Sheridan Street to Monroe Street in Hollywood
Description: Improvements under this project include removing old asphalt and resurfacing the roadway, widening sidewalks and upgrading ramps to meet ADA requirements, replacing drainage structures and installing flap gates, removing, narrowing, and /or upgrading medians and curb and gutter, adding 4-foot bike lanes from Monroe Street to Arizona Street, adding sharrows (share the road pavement markings) from Arizona Street to Sheridan Street, upgrading and installing new pedestrian signals, and minor signalization and street light improvements. For more information, contact Community Outreach Specialist Rebecca Guerrero at (954) 218-2304 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the project and monthly updates, please click the following link: http://d4fdot.com/bcfdot/a1a_improvements_from_sheridan_st_monroe_st_hollywood.asp
*Please note that to minimize impact to the traveling public, all lane closures will be suspended Monday, January 27 through Monday, February 3 for the Super Bowl. Lane closures may resume Monday morning, February 3.*
- The Hollywood Boulevard and SR A1A entrance and exit ramps will have intermittent full closures, Tuesday, February 4 through Friday, February 7 between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., for asphalt paving.
- Southbound SR A1A motorists will be detoured via Hallandale Beach Boulevard. Please see detour flyer attached.
- Northbound SR A1A motorists will be detoured via Sheridan Street. Please see detour flyer attached.
- Eastbound motorists traveling along Hollywood Boulevard will be detoured via South 7th Avenue to make a U-turn towards US 1. Please see detour flyer attached.
- Northbound and southbound SR A1A, between Sheridan Street to Johnson Street, will continue to have intermittent lane closures , Tuesday, February 4 through Friday, February 7 between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., for lighting and punch list work. One lane in each direction will be maintained at all times.