Tropical Storm Watch in Effect
The National Hurricane Center’s 5PM advisory for Tropical Storm Isaias includes a Tropical Storm Watch in effect for the east coast of Florida from Ocean Reef to Sebastian Inlet. A Tropical Storm Watch means that tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area, generally within 48 hours. Residents are encouraged to review their emergency plans and make sure they are prepared for the potential of severe weather and possible tropical storm conditions.
Residents should monitor this storm and ensure they have a hurricane plan in place and not focus on the forecast track of Isaias’ center.
Residents are encouraged to use this time to finalize their personal hurricane preparations:
- Gather your hurricane supplies now if you have not already done so. You should have five to seven days’ worth of supplies, such as non-perishable food and water, for each person in your household.
- Residents should refrain from cutting trees or doing additional landscaping projects until after this storm passes. Solid/commingled and recyclable materials should be properly secured in a safe, sheltered location.
- Make plans to secure any outdoor items that could be blown around in the storm. Bring them indoors or otherwise secure them as the storm approaches.
Please visit www.hollywoodfl.org/emergency for hurricane preparation tips and information on hurricane supplies.
Before, during and after a storm important information will be posted on the City’s website at www.hollywoodfl.org, shared via CodeRED Alerts, through NotifyMe “News and Announcements” email and text messages and on the City’s social media sites, Facebook and Twitter. Receive the latest emergency updates and information by signing up today. Please bookmark, follow, like and subscribe to the City’s various information sources to be in the know.
- Website: www.hollywoodfl.org
- Emergency Website: www.hollywoodfl.org/emergency
- Twitter: @cohgov
- Facebook: @CityOfHollywoodFL
- YouTube: hollywoodflch78
- CodeRED: https://public.coderedweb.com/CNE/en-US/FA01FBCAEECA
Please stay tuned to radio and television broadcasts for further details of the storm movement and potential impact to our area.